Tuesday 22 January 2013

First post!

So, my first post! How exciting!
 
This post will be a review of an OPI polish.  Its called 'Just Spotted The Lizard', and it's gorgeous. It's a multi-chromatic polish, which means it changes colour depending on the angle you look at it from. The main colour is gold, but it changes to green and then blue as well. It really is a beautiful colour. I bought it from a wholesale beauty outlet, so it only cost me $10.95 AU, instead of almost $20, which it was at the chemist.
It's a wonderfully easy polish to work with; one coat is probably enough (but I always use two). It's so opaque and pigmented. The bottle has a great thick brush, which makes application really easy, and it's relatively quick drying, too.
 
My only issue with this polish is the longevity of it (or lack thereof). I've used OPI polishes before, and I had the same issue then; with a base coat, 2 coats of colour and a top coat, most polishes last 5-7 days on my nails. Ive been wearing this one for 3 days, and it's already chipped around the edges, which is pretty disappointing given how gorgeous (and expensive, at full price) it is.
 
The Verdict - 6/10
Overall, I like it, but I dont think I'd buy it again. The price/lack of staying power is just too much of a drawback for me.. However I'm sure if you've got a bigger budget than me (and do your nails more than once a week), you'll absolutely love it.
I used it for a fun french mani/pedi, inspired by this tumblr post!  

No comments:

Post a Comment