Wednesday 6 March 2013

I've made a decision.

I'm going to make a concious effort with this blog, specifically my tutorials, to not get all fussy about tools or colours.

I hate seeing blogs with huge I used blah blah blah polishes. Most of the time, it's not essential, and it makes me as a viewer feel a bit cautious about trying the tutorial with my $2 green polish as opposed to the $20 green polish used in the tutorial. I think it can be pretty off-putting to people who're only just getting into the whole nail art scene, which I don't like. I love the wonderful world of nails, and I'd hate to think that people are being dissuaded because they can't affort heaps of striping tape, 10 different dotting tools and a buttload of OPI polishes or something.

So I'm going to make a real effort to, if I use a specific tool, offer alternatives. Instead of insisting you use an orangewood stick to pick up your glitter, I'll say that you can use a toothpick or whatever you happen to have handy. Hell, last time I glittered, I used my cuticle pusher to pick it up. Same with polishes, I'm going to say "a light, pastel green", instead of the brand and shade (although I may include what I used anyway, I will specify that any polish can be used), unless it's a water marble or something, when you may need to be a little fussier. I also will offer ways to get different looks with each manicure (like I did in my quilted post).

I'm also going to start posting just pictures of the maicures I've done, possibly with a breif  'how to', but not every one will have a step by step.

I've also been thinking that I need a bit of structure here, so my next several posts will all be 'the basics' of nail art. I'll go over tools, different techniques, different types of polish, etc. Then some pretty basic looks that are trending at the moment, like gradients/ombre (glitter and plain), the jelly sandwich nail, and a few others which are relatively easy.


Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment